Welcome to Modern Educator

Here on this blog I hope to get a conversation going amongst students, teachers, administrators, and parents about who, what, when, why, and where we should teach technology skills for the 21st century. I am technology teacher at Truckee High School in Truckee, CA and currently teach classes like digital media, e-learning, applications, and keyboarding -- yes...still important! :) Please Join the Conversation!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Take Action!

Do you care about something and think that there is a need for action on its behalf?
From http://www.causes.com/ to http://www.facebook.com/ groups, social media is changing the way people advocate for change and share their voice. Below is a campaign to support public schools that was started by grassroots efforts to organize people nationwide to take action on behalf of education. What is your cause? Social media has provided powerful tools to anyone with Internet access to start a conversation. So, what are you waiting for?


Save Our Schools National March and Call to Action: July 28 - 31, 2011
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Corrected-Newsletter-from-www-SaveOurSchoolsMarch-org.html?soid=1104247304263&aid=CAQLMrk4RXk

10 comments:

  1. I have never really taken action online for a cause unless you include joining a group on facebook causes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never taken any action onlie for a cause before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never really taken action online for any type causes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't consider myself being heavily involved and taking action online for a cause, but i do make songs with a message and we put those out on itunes and all over the web and people do listen to them, so in a away i get a message out there

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't ever taken action online, because I feel that people could possible scam you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never taken action online for a cause. Although, it seems like a simple, powerful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never joined a cause online for anything-Teo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never taking action online for a cause or anything else
    nico

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never taken action on a cause I believe in through the internet simply because I don't spend a lot of my time online.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YouTube is also a great web 2.0 resource to help spread a message about a cause. Check out this great video about bottled water. http://youtu.be/Se12y9hSOM0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in on our conversation!